2019-2020 Studio Policy – Adult Students
Are you an adult who has always wanted to play the piano? Do you wish to revisit and refresh your skills begun in childhood lessons? Would you like to continue exploring the great masterworks? It is never too late to experience the joy of making music!
What will it take? Regular practice, a bit of patience, and a willingness to enjoy the journey! You will be guided in learning in a way customized to suit your background, goals and interests.
Performances are optional, but you are always welcome to share (by performing in or attending) the Studio Recitals (Winter Recital, Spring Piano Celebration and Pops on the Patio). Occasionally we’ll have informal get-togethers to play for other adults in the studio.
Regular lessons are a must for progress. Recognizing that life responsibilities may occasionally interfere with your lesson schedule, lessons are offered as a bundle of four. Please note that after-school hours are reserved for children.
To secure a place in the Sheila Dacus Piano Studio:
- An annual $30 non-refundable enrollment fee is due upon enrollment.
- Lessons are available in bundles of four 45-minute lessons ($180).
- Tuition is due at the first lesson of each bundle.
- Payment is accepted via checks (made out to Sheila Dacus), cash, and Zelle. NSF checks are charged $25.
- Please give a minimum of 24-hour notice for any absence.
- No credit is given for no-show lessons.
- The studio does not close due to weather; please use your judgment for travel.
- Students who are unable to attend due to mild illness or weather may opt to take their lesson at their regularly-scheduled time via Skype or FaceTime.